Wow, it’s been quite some time since the last time I posted a dish here :). I have been busy filleting and bottling my gourmet tuyo. Yes, I have decided to slowly give it a push to have an extra income.
Anyway, I bought shrimp the other day with the thought of making a Lemony Shrimp Scampi Pasta dish. However, laziness took over me and I forgot about it.
While checking the fridge earlier, I saw the shrimp I bought and just thought of making shrimp scampi instead. I researched for the recipe which is actually simple. But, I don’t have white wine, only Xiaoxing Wine (Chinese Cooking Wine). I did have butter and lots of garlic, and I also saw a small packet of pineapple tidbits and some red chilies 🙂
So, instead of following the classic shrimp scampi recipe, I just whipped up my own 🙂 and it didn’t fail my taste buds at all.
The Kitchen Misfit’s Shrimp Scampi
500 gms shrimps, deveined
1 head garlic, minced
3 tbsps butter
red chilies, chopped
1/3 cup pineapple tidbits
1/8 cup Xiaoxing wine
salt & pepper
1 tsp chopped cilantro
- Heat butter with a little oil in pan. Adding oil to the butter will prevent the butter from burning in the pan.
- Saute the garlic and chili until fragrant.
- Add in the shrimp, Xiaoxing wine, and pineapple tidbits. Cook them just long enough that the shrimps turn pink all over.
- Add the salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro before serving.
Serve with steamed rice and Malaysian sambal as dipping sauce.